Monday 30 May 2016

Day 11 Arriving Newcastle

After an enjoyable 37 mile testing ride into Northerly winds we arrived in IJmuiden with plenty of time to spare for our 5pm ferry home.

The ride from Leiden should have been about 32 mls but even though Ive done it many times before I always take the scenic route through the dunes and beach area of the town and did at least three circuits (5 miles) before finding the correct exit from the maze of numbered cycle paths.

Richard had to let the train take the strain as far as Haarlem as he has injured his achilles. So at least I can only blame myself for getting lost at the end of the trip.

A quiet nights rest on the boat followed the "eat as much as you like" buffet. I wish I had more self control as we both ate more than we should have.

We should be docking in North Shields in about 30 minutes. Still out at sea at the moment but the weather looks cold, windy and wet. Can't see the mainland.

1 comment:

  1. First off I would like to say excellent blog!

    I had a quick question that I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
    I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear
    your head before writing. I've had a difficult time clearing my mind
    in getting my thoughts out there. I do take pleasure in writing
    however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost just trying to figure out how to
    begin. Any suggestions or hints? Kudos!

    ReplyDelete