Saturday 14 May 2016

And then there were two .....


After my five solo cycling tours in the last six years, I'm delighted to say that following lengthy negotiations (actually a few cold lagers together last night) my friend Richard Pattison has signed up for this years tour of the Wadden Islands.

Richard has done many great cycle events in the past, both with me and without me, and he will be great company.  He is also very good at fixing broken things!

And thinking that it may have been the alcohol talking, I'm pleased that he has been here today and we have re-booked the whole trip, this time for two instead of solo.

Although Richard has cycled in Holland many times before, he is yet to tackle the magnificent Afsluijt Dyke, so he'll be looking forward to riding across the open sea for 22 miles or so.  It will be good weather, I'm sure, rather than the force 9 when I last rode it.

He'll not thank me for blogging this picture of him (below) taken in the Jolly Sailor,  Amsterdam at Christmas two years ago after a particularly heavy night in the bar on board ship!

But with both of us being trained athletes, it will be lucozade only on the way over this time.  *Coughs*

Thanks to Leigh for letting him off for the week.




No comments:

Post a Comment